Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday 3/13/09

Friday the 13th, but I'm now at home and nothing bad happened, so a good day.

We had a 5k race this afternoon at the Trace. It was the Catholic/Irish 5k Fun Run. There were a lot of people there that we knew and it was great to see so many familiar faces and all have common interests of running. I haven't run in 2 weeks trying to get my feet and shins to heal up. I was nervous about it, but they were fine and not hurting right now. I'm about to hit the hay, so we'll see in the morning.

My time today was 40:39. I was trying to get sub-40 (good for a 300+ lbs man), but just couldn't keep pace. My handy-dandy garmin watch did not connect in time for the race and I couldn't get it off bike mode on the fly, so I couldn't check my pace. I'm not sure what KeithAnn's time was, but she beat me by almost a minute. I am so proud of her. She did great considering she hasn't been training long.

Tomorrow is Rebekah and Luke's joint 1 year birthday party. No exercise scheduled. I'm sure keeping track of plenty of babies will be tiring enough...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job both of you. You've got to catch up with KA though. Several of my friends did the McGuires at just over/under 40 this morning. One came in at 44:48. I ran back and found them and ran the home stretch again to pump them up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job big man. I'm still chasing your time.

    ReplyDelete