Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday 2/27/09

Parked my bike at Clyde Station, drove to Jackson and parked the truck. Ran to my bike (3.2 miles) and then rode the bike back to the truck. Took me 1 hour 20 seconds to finish the whole thing.

First mile - 11.15 - Excellent time for me. Almost broke back into my old 10 minute range. The biking has really helped out...almost too much. My legs kept going faster than my lungs could keep up. I was fine, but I couldn't keep my breath.

Second mile - 18.17 - Walking speed.

Last leg (1.2 miles) - 15.53 - Slower speed, but I finished it.

Bike - A little over 15 minutes to get back. Just a casual ride.

I know if I could pace myself on the first mile, I could run longer. But, for some reason, I always push that first mile trying to beat my times.

I feel great. I hope I can do it again tomorrow, but rain is in the forecast. We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. Very clever! The cycling is awesome...much less stress on feet, ankles, knees, etc. You can gradually take longer routes back to the car. I know what can happen to feet, knees, etc. when you put more stress on them than they were originally designed to handle, so take it easy. You don't want to risk an injury that would prevent cycling or other form of effective exercise. Swimming is fabulous...no sweating...no stress on joints...really builds lung capacity, a half hour will wipe you out! Try it when you have access to a pool. Pick up a pair of swim goggles, and swimmers ear drops, they get the water right out. Not much equipment required. Keep on inspiring us all!!

    Carol H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the same HS as KeithAnn. Been keeping up w/your progress. Keep it up! You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete