Monday, February 9, 2009

OK, well here it is. I'm going to try my best to keep a daily log on my progress so that my compadres can keep an eye on me and push me in the direction I need to go.

Many know I participated in an event for the "Biggest Loser" for my local tv station. It was a great experience as it lead me to realize I really like to run...more like jog at this point... Anyway, since the ending 11/21/08, I have gained back a few pounds...15 to be exact. My current weight is an embarrasing 335 lbs. My goal is to get back to what I really enjoy and get back to my fighting weight (and the weight I was when I met KeithAnn) of 220 lbs. A long road ahead.

Many great friends have encouraged me to get back to exercising. Jon Alford is a very true friend. Never too shy to tell me to "get off it and start exercising", Jon has been very helpful with everything from the Russian Kettlebells, Advocare products, and sharing his running stories and accomplishments. Also, Chris and Jenny Maul have been a great help with getting me back to running. Jenny started out a few months ahead of me, but has now far eclipsed me as she and Chris ran a half marathon (13.1 miles!) last weekend.

So, here is my goal. I want to run a half marathon. Chris signed me up for the annual marathon in Walt Disney World for January, 2010. Almost a full year to shed over 100 pounds and run over 13 miles. Can I do it? You beat your a$$ I can!

4 comments:

  1. heck yeah you're gonna do it! we're gonna do it together! and anything you need...anything...we're here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome, JR!! I'm proud of you!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so yea disney is going to be amazing! can't wait, only 330 days left! pleanty of time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the proudest of you, promise.

    ReplyDelete